Vegan Diet Plan for Beginners


Vegan Diet Plan for Beginners: 

76 Vegan Recipes and 8 Weeks of Plant-Based Low-Carb Vegan Diet Plans for Healthy Living



This book has given me a jump start towards my goal to a more vegan lifestyle. I have always wanted to learn about switching to a vegan lifestyle, this book has been a great intro towards that journey. When first starting out on any new life-changing decision, one typically feels lost- not knowing where to start. Which is how I felt when doing the Candida Diet. I had no idea how to go about such a major change in my diet and sort of went without eating because I had no idea what to eat. After doing some research and checked out food lists from good sources, my journey became much easier. 
Now I'm ready to take on a more vegan/vegetarian route and the method of research is very much the same. This book has helped me in ways that other source materials have not. The author has managed to sway the reader towards becoming a vegan, by showcasing all the different choices one has with the variety of recipes listed. 
At the beginning of the book, he starts with recipes that call for overnight storing of the item you choose to start out with. The duration is for at least eight hours, which shifts you into a rhythm of preparing your meals the night before. It also includes 8 weeks of planning your meals together with deserts, and smoothies.
I came across one recipe in which the instructions were a bit confusing and misleading. The one for savory toast calls for the ingredients to be spooned on top of the toast, then to brush it with oil before cooking it. Won't that make the mush mushier and stick to the pan? Maybe I misunderstood what the author meant, but it did not sound right, especially when he says to flip the toast over. It would be really mushy by then.
When making some of the recipes I had to change a few steps. For instance, when making the Roasted Almond Cookies I had to flip and cook them an additional 12 minutes because

 the underside was still too gooey. Also, it is said to grease the pan before cooking but no mention of what he recommends to use as the greasing agent. (I used coconut oil)
This book is well organized, but a few photos of the final product would have made the book more enticing. 

#veganforlife 👯 ;-)

https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Beginners-Vegetarian-Smoothies-Cholesterol-ebook/dp/B01M3RKXBR/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1476949724&sr=1-5&keywords=vegan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D Sleep Mask

Essential Oils: Ultimate Essential Oils Guide and 89 Powerful Essential Oil Recipes